between 15-20% and annual leveraged returns of 25-30%
American Stock Transfer and Trust Company
Stock transfer agent and related serviceswww.amstock.com
Type of transaction: Private Vendor
Date of acquisition: May 2008
American Stock Transfer and Trust Company (AST) is a US stock transfer agent. Founded in 1971, AST has grown to be the largest stock transfer agent in the United States by number of corporate issuers.
AST's unique, customer-driven approach to the provision of comprehensive transfer agency services has seen it consistently achieve the highest customer satisfaction rating in the industry. Its operations, located predominantly in Brooklyn, are world-class in terms of flexibility and efficiency.
AST's corporate services include:
- Stock transfer agency services;
- Trustee services for debentures, tender agent, exchange agent and escheatment;
- Equity compensation plan administration;
- Dividend reinvestment plan administration; and
- Proxy services.
Smoke detection and video securitywww.xtralis.com
Type of transaction: Corporate
Date of acquisition: February 2006
Xtralis is a leader in very early warning smoke detection and alarm systems, voice alarm and interactive video security solutions, which protect business critical assets across the world. The company operates a global network of companies. Brands include:
VESDA: Air Sampling Smoke Detection Systems. The market leader in early warning smoke detection, VESDA products - such as its renowned air sampling smoke detectors - are used in industries such as transportation, manufacturing, IT&T, utilities and storage services.
ADPRO: Video Security Systems and Solutions. Sophisticated digital video security systems and solutions based on the highest quality standards and latest technology. With advanced integration capabilities and an acute understanding of operational efficiencies, ADPRO offers seamless security solutions.
Xtralis products are sold in over 100 countries worldwide and has an operation in China which it acquired in 2012.
Pinnacle Bakery & Integrated Ingredients
Baked Goods Manufacturerwww.pinnaclebii.com
Type of transaction: Corporate
Acquisition date: May 2015
Pinnacle manufactures and distributes:
- Finished baked goods such as muffins, cakes, donuts, slices and profiteroles;
- Frozen and unbaked specialty products including pastries, cookies, scones, sausage rolls, bagels and pastry shells; and
- Fillings and ingredients such as bakery mixes, jams and fondants
Pinnacle has a leading position in the local baked products and bakery ingredients market, with 3,500 customers throughout Australasia, and is a major supplier to supermarkets, food service and bakery retailers.
Pinnacle is the only manufacturer with full product and channel capability on a national basis, providing a strong competitive advantage and an excellent platform for growth. The business is currently investing in upgrading its manufacturing facilities and capabilities, resulting in the most modern and flexible plant in Australia.
Type of transaction: Private vendor
Acquisition date: Dec 2015
Manuka Health manufactures and distributes:
- Manuka honey at various grades which has strong anti-bacterial properties
- Supplements such as manuka honey-based syrup and lozenges, propolis, royal jelly and other bee products
- Personal care products including wound care, skin care and oral care products
- Gourmet foods including a variety of non-manuka floral honey blends and baked goods
Manuka Health is one of two corporate players of scale in a fragmented but consolidating industry. The strength of the Manuka Health brand along with a new state-of-the-art production facility provides a strong competitive advantage and an excellent platform for growth.